Friday, September 4, 2015

Motivational Poster



In our Gt class we have a project called motivational poster. In this motivation poster we have requirements. One requirement is that we need 2 text layers called Manifesto and Personal Quotes. For my text layers we haft to kern our words. That means we haft to evenly space all the words so it fill up the page with spaces. Another requirement we need is 4 image layers. Out of those 4 image layers are my 3 symbols that represent who I am The other photo is a portrait of my self. In our images we need adjustment layers and we also need blending option in our text. Another thing we need in this motivational poster is a triadic color scheme. Overall I believe that visual balance is what need the most beside our text layers.

The first thing that I did was make sure I have all my symbols, personal quotes, and manifesto. After that made a document and then made a layer for my personal quotes. I would start kerning them until its fills up part of my poster. When Im done with kerning my personal quotes I make another layer called Manifesto. In that layer I copy my manifesto and then start kerning them until I a have no more spaces in my poster. Then after that I would upload all my picture and start dragging them into the poster. I would then start organizing my pictures so it has an equal distribution. When Im done with those I finally choose my triadic color scheme. My triadic color scheme was yellow green and a purplish color. Finally I would do my adjustment layers. For adjustment layers I did curves and color balance. Finally after I did that I save it as a jpeg and turned it in.

While making the motivational poster my biggest challenge is that I had trouble is kerning. Kerning was really hard because I didn't know how to make my personal quotes into a box/rectangle. But when it came to kerning my manifesto it got harder because there was more words and it was way bigger than my personal quotes. Eventually I had to ask another GT student named Shaday and she helped me with my kerning. She told me that I should just play around with my kerning and I did. How I could improve the next time I do this is play around with kerning. The reason I would do this next time is because I found it really helpful when spacing my words and getting all of my manifesto and personal quotes to fill in the empty spaces.






No comments:

Post a Comment