Friday, September 2, 2016

Poetic Personal Statement

Hey guys its a new school year and my last year in GT. Sad I know but its only the start of the year and I'm super excited for what project is coming up next. So
our first project of the year is a poetry project. I like poetry, I like reading them just not a big fan of writing them. What I think poetry is a way to express your feelings and ideas. I think poetry can be personal by the way you write one. It could be about who you are or what you felt at the very moment writing it. Although being poetic doesn't have do with words. You can be poetic through pictures, videos, structure, and etc.


Quiet, shy, messy yet organized girl
Awkwardness and uniqueness trying to fit into the world
I dive into books and I'm cured
You can be assured that
As I grow older I'll be matured

My last three lines it rhymes because I use rhyme zone. The website is very useful that I actually used for my other classes too when we need to make poem that rhymed for homework. To be completely honest this poetic statement happened on accident. I was just listing things about who I am and then randomly decided to put them together. I like how the first 2 lines don't have a rhyme or so I think it doesn't but to me it flows really well. Although I do believe that I could have gotten done better at making it. To me it seems very "kiddy" like you know maybe a 4th grader could've made this not an 8th grader. Overall I like the way my poetic statement came out.

No comments:

Post a Comment