Sunday, November 8, 2015

Composition Scavenger Hunt


P3T4_Composition_2015 from Kapaa Middle School MEDIA on Vimeo.

Hey guys, so in GT we are learning some composition techniques and Im gonna be telling you which one I believe is the most important. Out of these 20 composition techniques I can't really chose which one is most important because there are more than one important one. But if I had to choose I believe rule of thirds (subject) is the most important one. The reason why is because it makes your video more balanced since it shows equal parts of ground, sky and your subject. Another reason why I believe this is the most important one because it also make your video more clean and simple (my opinion).

So just like my last paragraph I explain which one I think is most important, in this paragraph I'm gonna explain which one is the most difficult. For composition techniques, I do believe that is there is more of them that seem pretty difficult so I'm just gonna explain only one. I think repetition of shapes because there's not a lot of things that repeat around me. I can use repetition of shapes more often by trying to take some items that look the same and putting them together. Another way I wan use it more often is when I see something that is repetition of shapes, I could shoot something with it.

So in the video there are 4 people who are my teammates. We have 3 seventh grade girls including me and 1 sixth grade boy. My teammates are AshtonDenae, and Ashley and we are the only team of four considering we have such a big class. Ashton is a sixth grade boy that got stuck with 3 seventh grade girls for a project. He has blonde hair, 2 older brothers and 1 younger sister. Not forgetting to mention but he has these amazing blue eyes that I always seem to compliment him on. I figured that me, Ashley, and Denae are all jealous of his eyes but what can I say he has really great eyes. My other teammate is Denae but I do like to call her Lucy sometimes because that's what her family calls her and I like that name on her. Denae and I have something in common and it is that we have names that can be pronounce wrong. Denae has faded red hair at the ends and also wears glasses that are the color black and purple. Finally, my last teammate Ashley. She has these big brown very pretty eyes and also has blonde hair just like Ashton but darker. Just like how me and Denae have something in common, me and Ashley also have somthing in common. We both have the same middle name which is Marie. Ashley does gymnastics and that makes her very busy but that's Ashley for you.

I already introduced you to my teammates but I'll be explaining what they contributed on the video. Considering me and Ashley did a lot of the filming but Denae and Ashton did do most of the editing. Ashley did the voice overs at last minute but we still manage to finish somewhat on time. Like I said Ashton and Denae did do the editing but Ashley did do a lot of it because she's just the type of person to take charge. Ashton did the transitions and was in the video most of the time. Denae was also in the video and she added the clips in the right order. Ashley edited the clips and put in the our audio. Then it was me and I was the one who got to add in our text layovers and also be in the video. Together we all choose the music and imported together which did take part of our lunch time. This a the first group project of the year and I really like the group I had even though I wasn't there when choosing groups.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment