Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Metamorphosis Animation


HAPPY NEAR YEAR!!!! Its another day in GT with an animation post. Its a nice surprises to be doing animation in the beginning of the school year instead of the end. Its most likely gonna be stressful but not as much it would be if it was one of our last projects. Also were finally in teams! YAY! Finally after doing individual projects it's great to be finally doing one with other people. The people in my team are Sophia and Steven. Anyway going back to the topic of animation its gonna be a metamorphosis kind of animation. I'm not excited to do animation but happy that we can just get it over with. Our overall goal for this project is to follow the rubric, come up with two of our best metamorphosis focus statement, pitch that and our ideas to the class and also produce a creative story using various animation types. The animation types we are using are Stop-Motion, White Board, and Stykz.  

The focus statement for our animation is " Jhoanna Gains Courage " It is about Jhoanna (me) who is very shy and just want to be friends with the group in the park but can't seem to have the courage too. In the beginning I'm at the park and I see a group of kids (Sophia and Steven) playing. I decided to go up to them but halfway I end up not going because of my lack of courage and insecurities blocking me from approaching them. After I've turn around I'm walking back home through the forest where I stumbled upon a lion. In the middle the lion offers to show me how to be courages by turning me into a lion. I then feel very happy but then the lion turns me into a mouse. I'm now sad and confused why he turned me into a mouse. The lion was teaching me that no matter how big or small you are you can be courages. In the end the lion turns me back into a human believing I've learned my lesson. Then I go up to the group of friends and introduce myself and they accept me into their group.

Our results were pretty normal. I did expect to get three because thats what we were constantly getting on our other grades. I do agree with the results because I feel like we could do better but we did our best for the amount of time we had.  We also did have our bumps in the road and weren't able to agree on stuff. For example one person didn't finish his scene until the last day we had before having to export everything. Or possibly we kept changing the shot types and the actually scenes them self. But overall I am happy with what we got because I believe we all did our best and did deserve the grade.





6 comments:

  1. I love your first behind the scenes picture! And your animation had a great message and a very cute mouse! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Steven wasn't here so we decided to take a selfie.

      Delete
  2. Very good moral, I liked it a lot. The ending was.... strange..... but overall, it was a great animation. I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha I thought our ending was also strange but thanks!

      Delete
  3. Hey Jhoanna, wonderful animation! I loved how that animated lion looked very realistic and well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the organisation and you had a a great animation.

    ReplyDelete